Peter’s practice is focused mainly on IP disputes, IP related agreements and commercial deals, and generally advising clients in IP matters.
He has represented and counselled clients in many litigations in courts in Sweden and abroad, before the European Patent Office (EPO), the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU), and in arbitration proceedings. These matters have involved patent infringement and invalidity in a diverse range of technical and scientific areas (see list of representative patent cases), as well as disputes regarding designs, trademarks and marketing law, and commercial and contractual disputes.
Peter’s approach in contentious matters is about really getting to the bottom of the case and analysing the complexities and opportunities and challenges. It is about sensible, considered advice to ensure the right outcome for the client. He has a great intellectual curiosity about the technology and science involved and he loves the research and the teach-in of each case. He is not afraid to take on a complex case and has often represented smaller companies to pursue or defend claims against bigger adversaries. Peter takes pride in doing much of the work himself rather than just handing it over to a team of junior colleagues. He is conscious about working and managing the cases cost-effectively, whether big or small.
Peter also focuses on agreements, transactions and commercial deals in matters involving IP and technology or science. His work includes drafting and negotiating different IP licences, manufacturing, distribution and agency arrangements, research and development project contracts and other commercial agreements, and advising on the IP aspects of transactions.
Peter further has significant experience advising start-up companies, innovators, and entrepreneurs in matters of IP and how IP can be used to make sense for their needs and business.
AWA Sweden AB
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå
Law clerk and trainee judge
Stockholm District Court
Lagerlöf & Leman Advokatbyrå
Selected Patent Cases
- Represented a Swedish innovator and producer of infrared detectors in entitlement proceedings relating to patents and patent applications on sensor technology before the Patent and Market Court and the Patent and Market Appeals Court, as well as the CJEU regarding interpretation of relevant EU law.
- Represented a developer and manufacturer of outdoor and recreational equipment in patent infringement and invalidity proceedings before the Patent and Market Court.
- Represented a world-leading developer of animal healthcare products in patent infringement and invalidity proceedings before the Patent and Market Court relating to veterinary medicines.
- Represented a major original pharmaceutical drug producer in Supplementary Protection Certificate proceedings before the Patent and Market Appeals Court and in a referral to the CJEU regarding interpretation of EU law.
- Represented a Swedish innovator company researching and developing instruments for measurement of implant stability in patent infringement and invalidity proceedings before the Patent and Market Court.
- Represented a Swiss developer and producer of industrial machines and solutions in proceedings relating to ownership of patents and patent applications before the Patent and Market Court.
- Represented a Swedish producer and supplier of products for fibre optic networks in patent infringement and invalidity proceedings before the Patent and Market Court. Coordinated defense in parallel proceedings before the courts in the UK and New Zealand. Opposition proceedings before the EPO against divisional patents within the same patent family from the patent involved in the court cases.
- Represented a global supplier of plants, equipment, and services for the pulp and paper industry in first instance court patent infringement and invalidity proceedings and opposition proceedings before the Swedish Court of Patent Appeals.
- Represented a Swedish manufacturer of material handling vehicles in district and appeal court patent infringement and invalidity proceedings involving technology for drive control systems for vehicles.
- Represented a Swedish producer of absorbent hygiene articles in first instance court patent infringement proceedings regarding incontinence products.
- Represented an Austrian pharmaceutical company in appeal court patent infringement and invalidity proceedings relating to peptide pharmaceuticals.
- Represented a Swedish producer of foamed materials in appeal court patent infringement and invalidity proceedings regarding polymer chemistry.
- Represented a Swedish innovator in appeal court patent infringement and invalidity proceedings relating to floor cleaning and maintenance technology.
- Represented a Swedish developer and manufacturer of systems and components for agricultural equipment in first instance court patent infringement and invalidity proceedings involving harvesting machines technology.
- Registered UPC representative, Art 48(1), Lawyer authorised to practice in contracting Member State
- Authorised Swedish Patent Attorney (The Swedish Patent Attorneys Board)
- European Trademark and Design Attorney (EUIPO)
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- EPLIT (European Patent Litigators Association)
- SFIR (Swedish Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- VIRK (Intellectual Property Society of Western Sweden)